AFC RADIO forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AFC RADIO forum

music mainly acoustic forum and chatroom

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AFC podcast ethos - comments for discussion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sammon

Sammon

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-01-10

AFC podcast ethos - comments for discussion Empty
PostSubject: AFC podcast ethos - comments for discussion   AFC podcast ethos - comments for discussion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 7:09 pm

Here's an edited version of a mail I sent to Rick (i've taken out the stuff not relevant)

I was interested in finding out (discussing?) more about the ethos of the AFC. In the last but one show (I think) you mentioned the fact that there were some familiar names cropping up on the playlist.

I wondered if you felt that this was a problem ? This isn't a loaded question by the way. One of the things I thought was that the AFC was intended to be a showcase for the members of the AFC and that the AFC was in inclusive 'club' i.e. anyone could join. If that is the case then I don't think we (you) should be surprised that the same names crop up, as I guess with what ~100 members (I'm guessing) and 10 shows with ~12 songs on there is bound to be some overlap.

I'm fairly neutral on this, I can see that as a 'radio show' then playing the same people could potentially be detrimental (although different songs may not be so) but as a show case for the talent within the AFC pool, I don't think it's a bad thing.

I'm interested on your thoughts on this as you're driving it. Is this something we should discuss in the AFC forum ?

Anyway, it's always difficult to tell someones tone in an e-mail but this isn't meant to be upperty or abrupt or anything, I just wanted to hear your thoughts and give you some of mine.

So that's what I wrote, it's up for discussion. I have no agenda for this and Rick if you feel this is inappropriate then, delete this thread.

Chris
Back to top Go down
eskimo monkey

eskimo monkey

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: AFC podcast ethos - comments for discussion   AFC podcast ethos - comments for discussion Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 4:13 am

i think being a weekly show yes it should strive to find new names to shocase but also play the best new songs from the talent we already know!?
But as rick has said there have been difficulties with downloading songs from myspace latley so i can see how it has been difficult for rick to recruit new artistes into the show! personally i think what we should all strive to do is recomend the show and related website to artistes we know of and ask them to contact rick if they are interested in getting their stuff played, recently ive been doing this and im hoping that it will help the afc grow from its humble beginings into something well established and accesesable to the most important part: the audience!
im a firm believer of working together for the greater good and for me the afc is becoming a big part of that, in order to push forward the colective acoustic vision i think the afc should constantly source the acoustic(and not so acoustic) underdogs like ourselves and may we live long and prosper!

I think most importantly the afc podcast is still a fledgling comunity but as i see it it is growing fast, it will only do so with our help and support!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eskimomonkey12
DJAY
Admin
DJAY

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-01-01

PostSubject: Re: AFC podcast ethos - comments for discussion   AFC podcast ethos - comments for discussion Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 5:16 am

The comment made on the show, was a criticism of myspace resetting the download feature on the players! The problem I have had recently is not beilng able to download songs from a lot of the artists players that I would like to play on the shows, it is also a question of time managemet on my part as it does take a lot of time seeking out music for the show and putting the playlists together.
I firmly believe that the AFc should be all inclusive and seek out new talent who would like to be featured on the podcasts,and feel that this is a very important principle as new artists will undoubtedly bring ew listeners o the shows and introduce them to the other AFC artists.I have over the ten shows featured 99% of the artists who have either requested or I have asked If I can feature them on the shows, Only songs that don't meet the sound quality standard have not been played. And a lot of the artists have had more than one song featured! I do try not too play a song more than once, unless there is a specific reason for it, as the shows are all still available.
No problem with putting this up for discussion here, and welcome peoples opinions and comments
One thing I would like to suggest is that artists regularly post bulletins to their friends with a link to the podcasts and if posssible email their non myspace friends if they think they would be interested in the podcast!
Back to top Go down
Sammon

Sammon

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-01-10

PostSubject: Re: AFC podcast ethos - comments for discussion   AFC podcast ethos - comments for discussion Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 2:45 am

I do think spreading the word is important.
Back to top Go down
Sketchy

Sketchy

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: AFC podcast ethos - comments for discussion   AFC podcast ethos - comments for discussion Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 5:18 am

I've sent out bulletins to all my friends and have emailed non afc friends since the last show and will continue to spread the word. Should we send a request to myspace to get the afc page as a 'featured artist'?

Also, does anyone know how to make link banners? If we put these on our pages, chances are the majority will follow the link to see what its about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AFC podcast ethos - comments for discussion   AFC podcast ethos - comments for discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AFC podcast ethos - comments for discussion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AFC RADIO forum :: You got somethng to say? say it here.-
Jump to: